Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; Neither as being lords over God’s heritage, but being examples to the flock. And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away. 1 Peter 5:2-4.
The Greater Emmanuel Temple of Grace Pastoral Care Group ministry was established in 2004 under the leadership and vision of Bishop Marion E. Wright. The objective of the Pastoral Care group ministry is to reinforce the teaching of the church in a small group setting, build strong interpersonal relationships, provide opportunities for members to exercise their ministry gifts, and provide opportunities for intimate fellowship and connection among our members.
Each member of the church is assigned to a Pastoral Care group which is lead by an Associate Pastor. Each member has the opportunity to choose which Associate Pastor that they wish to report to. The Pastoral Care groups are expected to participate in the following activities.
· Hold monthly meetings for fellowship and bible study to reinforce the teaching of the pastor
· Help new members identify their calling and engage with appropriate church auxiliary organizations
· Weekly telephone calls to Pastoral Care group members by their Associate Pastor
· Jointly sponsor Family & Friends Day each fifth Sunday
· Perform church cleaning duties on a rotating basis
· Informing the Pastoral Care group and the ministerial staff of sickness, bereavement, and prayer requests
· Resolve concerns by discussing and sharing with the Associate Pastor
Some ministry occurs best in a large, congregational setting. Some ministry is best provided in a small group setting. The flock group ministry is designed to meet the needs of our members, both new and established, that can be met only through small group interaction.
Below is our listing of Associate Pastors:
|Eld. Richard Dorsey||Brotherhoodemail@example.com|
|Min. Stephen Hithe||Brotherhoodfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Eld. Randy Bryant||Youth (Ages 19-38)||email@example.com|
|Evang. Miranda Houston||Singlesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Evang. Kathy Jones||Women’s Ministryemail@example.com|
|Min. Reginald Lindsay||Youth (0-18)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Evang. Joann Wearing||Ministerial Staffemail@example.com|
|Min. Demarcus Williams||Evangelism & Outreachfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Min. Thomas and Evang. Terri Williams||Couplesemail@example.com|